Friday, November 4, 2011

Mission: Healing November 4, 2011 Business of FLU SHOTS

PGY 39, Day 125
Yesterday I wrote about Flu Shots in my piece about the Business of Medicine

http://drmikeihs.blogspot.com/2011/11/mission-healing-november-3-2011.hthtml

Today, a few more comments on the Busines of Flu Shots

PICKING THE RIPE & LOW LYING FRUIT

Today, I asked Mr. Google a few more questions and this is what I found. It appears as if Walgreens, CVS and Target are all in the BUSINESS OF FLU SHOTS. Walgreens and CVS claim to provide them "every day" with some variation on the language regarding every store.

This looks like an effort to select and pick bits of $$$ (fruit) from the $$$ tree called THE BUSINESS OF MEDICNE. These are the "lowest lying & ripest of fruit" available from third party payers. Of course, the patients would be expected to pay the difference between what is covered and what is charged, except for Medicare.

Think about it, and tell me if I am wrong.

Have a great day!

Dr. Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment