Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mission: Healing, July 2, 2011

Day 2 of PGY 39 will continue, as it has been a night without much sleep ... a continuation of yesterday without distinction. Sickness does not know the clock, or the calendar, so one day blends into the next. We live in the moment ... each moment dictated by the needs of the patients we serve.
Quiet and calm West Virginia morning ... mourning dove, birdsong, cool, sweet air, sunshine and calm for the moment. All reports calm in the house this morning as well. We shall see.
Dr. Mike

3 comments:

  1. PGY 39, Day 2 ...
    We feel the holiday vortex ... people pulled toward holiday activities and all. That means short staff, more trauma, more transfers from outside hospitals. Bottom line is more sick folks to take care of and more work, despite the limited capacity.
    Very tired ... on call again tonight, so I will try to catch some sleep while I can.
    Dr. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am tired I don't have much impulse control. So, I added this to a physician leadership discussion tonight. I will see if I can post the link next.
    Dr. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrr ... the link will not copy here, nor will the post. I will have to copy it and retype it word for word, and I am just too tired to do it now. In any case, we will all see what sort of responses I get. I am trying to stir up interest in starting a Doctor-Patient Cooperative.
    Dr. Mike

    ReplyDelete